Own Your Beauty

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

For the love of Date Night

I admit, I'm a sucker for romance. Romance novels, romantic movies, romantic songs, heck, I even check out the romantic cards when I go to the Kroger! Now, DH, does pretty good most of the time when he plans, and last weekend he totally blew me away by taking me dancing. Sooooo, here I sit, on Tuesday afternoon, and by goodness, I'm fresh out of ideas.

For probably the last 2 hours I have racked my brain. Dinner and a movie, wine tasting at our favorite local vineyard, sushi, etc. etc..... I'm practically in tears now. Is it a sign that the romance may be gone, because I can't come up with an idea for date night? Am I bored, What the heck is going on??

I humbly will say, that after a while of thinking about it, stressing about it, and worried to death that he would be disappointed, I called him. Yes, I had to break the news that I could not come up with any new creative ideas for this Friday night. What he said, made me fall for my big brown eyed sweetie all over again. The sweet little words of "That's okay honey, we will figure something out.". He was just happy that I still after all this time, wanted to impress him, wanted to look nice for him, and just wanted to spend time with him. It was a little bit after we got off of the phone, that it hit me, to just sit out on the deck, order chinese, get a grocery store (YIKES) bottle of wine, and be together. In the words of Mastercard.... priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment