Own Your Beauty

Friday, July 10, 2009

30 Days to being a better Wife


Ladies... last night, I blew it and I don't just mean a little. Bad moods, created tension, led to an argument over watching a movie (Fireproof no less), lead to tears, and a turned back all night. I admit, DH was in not the greatest of moods when he came home from work, and I probably should have just let it go, but the rolling of the eyes when I pulled out the movie and the irritated "Is this a chic flick", really set me off. I lost it!

I finally just called and said I'm sorry with reminders of date night. It all got me thinking though... maybe I'm not being the best wife that I could be. A recent comment about my attire for sleeping recently, is what started the thoughts actually. I admit, after 10 years, my pj pants, a tshirt, (a sweatshirt) if I'm cold, sock, and a bra. Yes, a bra... tmi, I'm sure, but I had to let you know the full spectrum. I forgot to add, a messy bun. Gone are the days of cute pjs from Vic's Secret with taking the time to put on scented lotion, etc, before bed. Gone too are the days of taking a moment to freshen up my makeup and hair before he gets home. Heck by the end of the day, when DH gets home, I've changed outta my work clothes, taken off my jewelry (except my wedding rings)and my makeup. I've usually changed to shorts and a t'shirt. Not the sweetest sight to come home to.

So, I am committing myself, to trying to be better. Being a better wife, not only is nicer for DH, I think it will make me feel better about myself as well. If there is anyone who would like to join this challenge with me, I would be grateful and honored. Please leave your comments on how you are striving to be the best wife you can below.

1 comment:

  1. I've just recently realized the very same thing is true for me. Right down to the bra!! LOL I've been trying to work on my attitude, my appearance when DH gets home as well as the house. I'll be following your challenge--although I don't know that I will be participating completely. I may not be able to make it over here every day...:(

    ReplyDelete