Own Your Beauty

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Baby it's hot in here!


I'm about to confess.... yes, I have been so neglectful of my little blog for the last month or so. With my grandfather passing away in May, my daughter leaving for a whole month and a half to go to camp, and the garden... (the zucchini runneth over), I have been a little overwhelmed.

So, now that I've gotten my whining over why I haven't blogged for a month or so, I'm super excited to announce my very first giveaway! For anyone that lives in the south you know what the humidity is doing to your hair, make-up, clothes, house, flowers.. etc. etc. I'm putting together a whole little basket of stuff to keep you cool as a cucumber! There will be a pretty hair accessory to get the hair off your neck and outta your face, some great smelling lotion and body wash , a cooling eye mask that you freeze,of course a summer read for a day spent lounging on the beach,a clean linen candle guaranteed to give the house a clean cool smell, and some sweet little surprises! The winner will be announced on July 20 (my mommas birthday)at 9pm, est. The deadline for entering is July 13 at Midnight.

Miss. Jenifer, how do I enter, you ask? Well, very simple honey! Give me you best keeping cool ideas in the comments section, get 1 entry! Become a follower, get 2 entries, and let others know on your blog... you guessed it, 3 entries! Have fun, stay cool, and pray that my zuchini's don't overtake the house soon.

13 comments:

  1. My best idea for keeping cool in the summer?? Open the fridge and stand in front of it. Always works for me! ;o) Okay, seriously...since I have had practically no AC in the house for 3 summers (in Georgia, no less!), whenever we need to cool off during the day, we get in the plastic kiddie pool with Amelia (and before Amelia came along, I got one for myself!!!! Hahahaha). She has fun, of course, that Momma is in the water with her, and so do I, and we keep coooooool.

    I was laughing at your comment about binkies! Yes, honey, I have caught Amelia several times messing with Jack's binky, either trying to put it in her mouth and back in his...all sorts of things that warrant the Momma Eagle Eye! The worst is when she tries to stick one of her fingers in his mouth because he automatically starts sucking of course, and she thinks it's hysterical! (And her nails are always filthy because she loves to dig in the dirt outside...) I'm telling ya, if it's not one thing... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! My fave way of staying cool in these Texas summers is to just stay inside! Seriously, thats it! LOL And I'm already a follower. Can't wait! :) Prayers for you and your family too.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I stay cool? POPSICLES & a nice fan right in front of me!!!

    chicstyle(at)live(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a follower

    chicstyle(at)live(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love putting the kiddie pool in the backyard, eating popsicles, or going to 7-11 for slurpees...yumm!

    heatherdemke(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slices of chilled cucumber on my closed eyes while sitting by the electric fan feet up in the lounger chair. Then when I feel completely sublime a glass of ice tea with lemon and sugar and lots of ice cubes.

    rubymoonstone at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you on Blogger (rubymoon/Ally)

    rubymoonstone at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. We like making homemade popsicles with juice and our ice cube tray. Turning on the sprinkler in the backyard to play in. Homemade lemonade is always yummy with LOTS of ice. And when worse comes to worst, we spray each other with water bottles. :)

    leccalave@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ice water, the beach, I would say the pool, but even those have been warm here lately! Staying inside, going to free summer movies...

    tornem(at)yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's ALL about the kiddie pool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. *hugs*

    I love me some zucchini bread! If I win you can toss some of that in my basket - mmmm mmm!

    A great way I keep cool is to break out the slip in slide for the kids and have water balloon fights!

    ReplyDelete
  12. For the first time a couple weeks ago, I tried ice water with cucumbers in it! Love the taste; much fresher than lemon water in my opinion.

    shellbelle1229 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. A dip in the pool or lake or ocean is my all-time-favorite way to stay cool in the summer! Even a sprinkler will do! :-)

    ReplyDelete