Own Your Beauty

Friday, April 9, 2010

A Hot Mess

I... have a dream. It is of my house being sparkly clean, and of my husband coming home to a hot dinner every night. It is of me mastering the art of working with fondant, an of managing not to get flour all over me, the kitchen floor and possibly the cat when I am baking. It is of the inside of my car not resembling a suitcase on wheels, and of my office not having dust on the side board.

I strive daily to make these dreams possible, however...... in an effort to pay some things off and be able to stay at home full time and dedicate my days towards doing these things, growing my cake business and hopefully having another baby, I currently work 9-4 Monday -Thursday, and 8-12 on Fridays. I then leave that job and go take care of all of accounting for a dear friend who owns a stained glass company from 4-6 at least 2 nights a week and most weeks on Fridays from 1-3. Then 2 nights a week Kate has softball usually running from 6:30-9. I almost always have a cake to do on Thursday nights,& 2 on Friday nights. Saturdays are spent trying to cram in whatever I didn't get in during the week, Sundays are spent at Church, then back to the ball field. To say I am tired these days would be an understatement and I believe I may have stopped looking in the mirror for fear that it may shatter. I did manage to look decent for Easter and was quite proud of that until I realized that I had forgotten to paint my baby toe on my right foot. I was extremely proud of the Easter fest that I put on with the exception that my entire family who is ALWAYS late showed up 30 -45 minutes early to find me with my hair on top of my head, in shorts and a t'shirt.

So, now that I have gotten that off my chest, I'm going to go have a glass of wine and get to work on the first of 2 cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment