Own Your Beauty

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wrecking my Manicure


I love gardening gloves. I have 5 pairs, pink ones, green ones, blue ones with little rubber grips on the fingers, and 2 leather pair. Yep, I love gardening gloves. Now, as much as I love my gloves, I cannot do a dang blasted thing with them on!
Today, after a winter of giving myself a lovely manicure every Sunday night, and having great natural nails, within 2 hours I managed to break 2 nails (using the wire brush hooked onto the drill sanding down an old fashinoned "mushroom" metal chair), get black paint on my white tips when I started to paint the same chair, and to get dirt under every single last one of them when I battles a bit of wire grass that has somehow snaked it's way into my lirope.
At the end of the day, I got my chair painted, conquered the wire grass(at least in the strawberries), and got the settee sanded down. It's almost 10 o'clock here in the old South, and I'm heading off to do what any good southern girl would do at this point............run me a hot bubble bath and try to salvage my nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment