Own Your Beauty

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

70 and Sunny


It's that time of year again! Looking forward to the weekend, it will be in the high 70' almost every day for the rest of the week! I am anxiously awaiting the day that I feel comfortable to sit out my big green ferns, little pink begonias, white geraniums, and white with pink impatiants. Yes, I know they are such typical little plants,but I swear for my planting area, they jut can't be beat!

My husband tillered the garden up last weekend, and the Easter bunny will be bringing me the tender little bedding plants I talked about above, and a big bright shiny new compost bin! I'm also planning to do a new patio area around my swing with some of the brick pavers my mom gave me with a vintage wrought iron settee, chair, and little table, also courtesy of mom (she actually saved up to buy it when she and my father were first married back in 1971) and another patio made out of some gorgeous big pieces of granite slabs that my husband gave me from a job he did at a quarry, a bench to sand and repaint, an Adirondack chair to sand and repaint.... need I go on?! Now, I have a whole big bunch coming in for Easter Sunday and I've got a mere 3 weekends to get to gettin it all ready! Pray for me, and I'll keep you posted!
Have a fabulous day and I hope your weather is as great as mine. Also, check out my new blog Sweetiez Pies to hear about my new business venture!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely!! We are expecting nice weather as well and I can not wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been so nice the last few days here in South Florida. I planted some red geraniums and petunias on Thursday...love getting my little garden all neat, pretty, and colorful! I know you are working hard to get everything pretty for Easter Sunday and you must keep me posted on the big day!

    ReplyDelete