Own Your Beauty

Friday, May 1, 2009

Confessions of a Big Girl


I have a struggle with my weight. It bogs me down, and in fact there are times when if I don't watch out, it will consume me! I try to follow Weight Watchers, however I am an Epileptic and am on a medicine that unfortunatly makes my metabolism like a turtle. I come from a long line of hippy girls and I've come to accept it as a fact of my life. Once I came to terms with the fact that I would always, always, be on a diet, I actually started to find some humor in it. I have included a clip of fiction that I wrote inhopes that if there is anyone out there who shares this struggle, you may find a few minutes of humor and understanding. Enjoy!

So here I sat, with my cup of real coffee trying to decide just what the heck I could use to expand my advertising. I mean let's face it would you rather have someone cater your affair, wedding, etc who really looked like she enjoyed the food, or some twig who looked like she had never even eaten? Ding ding ding... go for the girl with the gut and the butt, you'll be more satisfied with the end result, I promise, or my name's not Jenifer Helton! Great, I certainly don't think I could put that on my advertising. I'm stuck! I'm hungry, but something in me wanted to bust out laughing. The concept of the idea was good, but I really don't think the words gut and butt belonged in advertising.... I somehow think the whole Nair incident yesterday may have wiped away some brain cells. Which by the way... NEVER PUT THAT STUFF ON YOUR EYEBROWS. Don't ask, just adhere to my advice, and trust me, don't leave the towel in the bathroom floor, for the cat to lay on.... let's just say that Oscar the Fat Cat's big orange fluffy belly, is welllll, it turns out he wasn't so fat after all, just furry.

No comments:

Post a Comment