Own Your Beauty

Thursday, April 2, 2009

My loves


I hope that I get this right.... I have so much that I am thankful for everyday, so this was very hard for me. I hate to sound selfish... but my blessing today will be for my eyes. Now before you stop reading and think I've gone crazy, hear me out.
With my eyes, I see every morning when I get up that the "coffee fairy" (my sweet husband) has left me coffee to enjoy and a note to read. I see the way that my daughter is curled up sleeping looking about 8 years old (until she unfolds her legs and turns into my little super model at 13). I see the love that we have put into making our house beautiful and the feel pride deep in my heart. I see the daffodils that we planted years ago when we first moved here to our home.I see that Oscar, the cat's big orange belly is now fully covering his bottom paws when he sits up and I have to laugh.
I see a million things a day, but none as sweet or dear to me, as those things that I see within my first hour of waking each day. I thank God everyday for this amzing gift that he has given me, and know that if tomorrow I woke and could not see, I will have been more blessed than I ever could have imagined by what I had seen the day before.
I have included a picture of my beautiful daughter, as watching her grow into a young lady has been amazing.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! This was a good one!!! Way to go, Jenifer. You words are so beautiful. So inspiring. Can't wait for yours next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great.. Very inspiring and a great post! You do have a lot of wonderful blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post. To be able to see all the blessings around you is truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post!! To be able to open your eyes in the morning and immediately be grateful--so cool- and a blessing!:)

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete